Friday, November 18, 2011

I caught a train that passed the town where you lived.


I caught a train that passed the town where you lived.
On the journey I thought of you.
One evening when the park was soaking
You hid beneath trees, and all around you dimmed itself
as if the earth were lit by gaslight.
We had faith that love would last forever.

I caught a train that passed the town where you lived. 

-Brian Patten

such an ache. when love is lost, when what you feel was the truest love of your life is lost, nothing matters anymore. i've been through that. and slowly, gradually i realize my part of the mistake in letting it end. but as the universe says, everything happens for a reason, and everything happens for good...so one love was lost, but one, truer love was gained. though this time, i won't be able to let her go...

No comments: